PowerCom is an ARS () or GRS ( ) software add-in for Microsoft PowerPoint. When conducting meetings, training sessions, and presentations, PowerCom allows you to gather feedback from audiences, creating a more enthusiastic environment and maximizing audience participation. By using PowerCom along with wireless keypads, you can record polling data and display the resulting data in a graph. The best way to explore PowerCom’s group response functionality, and to experience its amazing power to increase your communication and audience participation, is to review the PowerCom sample.ppt demo file. Then, follow the step by step demo to create sample questions, and then run a slide show in demo mode to experience the benefits of PowerCom.
PowerCom Function listing
- Easy and user friendly set up program
- Automatically detects older version of PowerCom and upgrades to the current version after the user update confirmation.
- Installation program validates the system requirements and tells users whether or not they meet minimum system requirements using Fail, Warning, and Pass indicators.
- Installs all necessary Windows Registry items automatically.
- Includes Hardware drivers.
II. Set up and system configurations:
- Com port selection and auto detect available Com ports with Help instruction.
- Change the channel of the base station.
- Base and Keypad Settings.
- Keypad range setting function.
- Test keypads with easy color-coded display.
- Allow users to select the result polling data file path.
- Merge and combine polling result data files.
- Disable some configuration features from UI front end and restrict the setting via Windows registry.
III. PowerPoint Slide question design:
- An easy four steps Poller wizard to insert polling object to capture keypad voting.
- Only three steps are mandatory, the countdown and the music settings areoptional at step 4.
- Automatically captures question via PowerPoint title text box and answer choices via text box.
- Allows user to enter question summary in 1 to 2 words.
- Demographic question to accommodate data analysis feature
- Force “Start polling right after slide shown” as default option, modifiable via the system settings.
- 'Hide result' display option.
- Numerical, Alphabetical, Yes/No, True/False graphic formats.
- Correct answer indicator and 'Majority is the correct answer' option.
- 3D graphic display chart types with customizable bar colors, font, text shadow, background and transparent background.
- Shows percent of vote and number of vote or both.
- Shows mean function.
- Save as system wide default for Graph type and format setting.
- Resizable and repositionable Poll display graphic with transparent effect.
- Poller's attributes can be changed without deleting and inserting.
- Can copy a Poller object and paste to other slides.
- Tool bar displays common Poller's attributes for easy maintenance.
- Optional music playing while polling or display and allows user to select favorite music file and set it as default in PowerCom system settings.
- The Countdown Timer settings.
IV. PowerPoint Slide Show:
- Slide show confirmation allows user to change slide show configurations and settings before slide show.
- Forces demo mode when no proper base station is selected.
- Writes to log option to assist tracing debug.
- Allows user to change result polling data path location.
- Resumes polling from previous incomplete slide show or re-starts from beginning.
- Instantly displays 'polling result' and 'skip the result' as options.
- Easy normal slide show navigation using space bar.
- Additional short cut keys for easy navigation override.
- Adopts most of the PowerPoint hot keys for normal slides (without question poller).
- Right mouse click on Poller as alternative to remembering short cut keys.
- Disables conflicting PowerPoint hot keys for the question slide.
- Continue voting or re-set vote count to re-vote options after vote stopped or result display.
- Slide show data analysis advanced option as a separated window display.
- Page up key to review previous slide.
Result display and reporting:
- Make your Polling result record keeping easy and convenient. Save summary and detail result in Word and HTML formats.
- Result data analysis reporting tools.
- Displays summary results to audience and keeps detailed voting record for speaker.
- Result Sorter to display result graph.
- Slide sorter to display Slide screen images.
- Summary and detailed voting result by slide in Word format reports.
- Voting result stored as XML file for easy system interface.
- System automatically versioning of result data to avoid accidental deletion of important data.
- Data analysis result manipulation in Excel spread sheet and data display with graphic charting.
- Make your PowerPoint interactive.
- Increase audience participation.
- Make your collaboration with your audience effective.